Thursday 15 December 2011

Schecter Synyster Gates Custom


Moving on from established rock legends, to one who is slowly moving into the limelight in the name of Metalcore.
Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold. What axe does he use I hear you ask?
Its none other than The Schecter Synyster Gates Custom....

Schecter Guitar Research has long endorsed both Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance with a myriad of different guitars. Zacky can be seen wide a wide variety of the Schecter Mirror models, using a different one for each song setting it seems. However, the lead man on guitar is rarely seen without one of these. And man does Syn need one, especially during all his spiking whammy moves.


This baby here also comes in white, and  Syn does occasionally use it in concerts, and some music videos which i can't seem to recall at the moment. And there is also a red and black color combination which has almost certainly did not catch Syn's eye.


You can definitely see the similarities of this axe with Schecter's Avenger Series and the headstock looks like a ripoff from a B.C Rich. Here's the specs,

Set neck construction
25.5 inch scale
Mahogany neck and body
Ebony fingerboard
24 Jumbo Frets
Synyster Inlays
Seymour Duncan Custom Invader Pickups
3- way pickup selector
Original Floyd Rose Whammy bar and Bridge
Grover Tuners






And here's a video of Gates actually playing it.


Now what do people who own this have to say..
"This guitar is perfect for the metal music that I play, the sound, feel, look, everything all matches up perfectly. I've been playing for a couple of years now, and I've played a Crafter cruiser, G2 X300 and a Vintage SG, the Vintage SG being my favourite after many modifications, and I believe that this guitar is the end of my Quest for my perfect guitar. I tried a couple of other guitars before buying this, from the Dime Razor, to the Ibanez Jem, and eve the Santana PRS, and finally settled on this guitar for it's sheer brilliance. If it were stolen from me, then I would definitely replace it with the same guitar, nothing else. I love everything about it, from the fancy neck inlays, to the body artwork, to the headstock artwork, to the feel, the playability, the usability, eveyrhting, and the only thing I would even come close to faulting is the strap buttons which I'm working on getting sorted. Just wish I had a hard case for it! Currently using my bass guitar bag as it has more room for that cheeky wee spike!"

 "The specs seem great, but the fact of the matter is that this is a Korean made guitar with a huge price tag. It's got the looks, but I don't think it really walks the walk for anything outside of metal. It's a very limited guitar, and the quality control on that neck is something that I just cannot look past. We've got 2 of these in store, and they're both the same.Personally, I think it's a marketing thing. Avenged Sevenfold fans will buy the guitar if it plays like a dream or a 2x4. Simply for that, they get away with the awfully high price tag for the low quality paint, wood, tuners, and QC."

Well, among all the serious custom guitars i've seen, this is probably the cheapest. It retails for $999 and you can get it through this website.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-SYNYSTERCST-LIST

That's it for this time...

1 comment:

  1. That third one is... beautiful. I really wish I could play guitar.

    ReplyDelete